Thursday, April 29, 2010

Older than dirt ...


Yesterday was my birthday ... whoopee! The highlights of the day were talking to the grand kids! Ava sang me a sweet rendition of Happy Birthday, and Sam demonstrated his counting skills by counting to 58 in multiples! I spent a lot of time on the phone ... literally hours! I talked to or got messages from 9 of the 10 kids, so that's about as good as it gets! Brian & Joann brought me a beautiful batch of fresh asparagus from their garden, and my neighbors Jon and Floyd made me a special birthday dinner and a chocolate cake!
All in all, about as good as it gets! Oh, & I treated myself to a rather splendid trip to Lou's, the local greenhouse. ( I was there for 2 1/2 hours - I'll let you imagine what I spent)
In the digi world, I received the most beautiful card from my friend Mary Hampson, who lives in the UK.
She has been helping me the past few weeks on some technical help with the 3 blogs I was designing, especially the one for the local cancer support group. She is a real genius when it comes to computer stuff, and also a wonderful designer. Check out the 3 blogs and see the amazing blinkies that she created for me!
If you have a blog and want a copy of one of them let me know! I'll help you get it set up!

Believe it or not, the fishing opener has come and gone! Most years it has been a major holiday at my house, but this year it turned into a major work weekend. I can never say enough about my amazing family! The saying "many hands make the load light" hardly begins to cover it! This year I had Shae, (my son), Kurt, (step son & very close friend), Kari, (daughter) & Jim and Jan (ex husband and his wife). And yes, we are all family! Here's a few shots of what was accomplished ...
Dock in -

Trailer loads of branches that I had cut were piled on trailers and burned -

And a couple of shots of the lovely spring flowers that are popping up!


Nearly bedtime here, but I wanted to share a couple of my favorite layouts from the last couple of weeks ...

One about the flood -

One about my love of/ addiction to caffeine

And a few of the Grand kids!


That's it for tonight, but I will sleep better knowing that this poor neglected blog finally has a new entry!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is great and I love to read what you write! You're an entertaining writer! Happy belated Birthday Bette! Glad you're my new friend! :)

    ReplyDelete